Cornerstone was formed when a small group of passionate people came together with one big idea: Creating a corporation that meets the needs of financial Americans by offering them a “One Stop Shop” location to handle ALL aspects of their retirement.
President and CEO Michael Haskett’s career in the industry began when he joined ING Direct in 1999. After only 3 years with the company Haskett risen to the number 2 agent in the company, and was promoted to Agency Manager.
In 2003 Haskett brought the Columbia, SC branch to the top of the company, and kept moving up from there. When offered a position as Branch Manager with Bankers Life and Casualty Company in Charleston, SC, he accepted and won Rookie Manager of the Year in 2004. The office was deemed the fastest growing agency in the area and Haskett was able to help implement many new systems and formats which helped the company’s growth.
Cornerstone was born when Haskett grew tired of only being able to offer one company’s products. His goal was to bring the best of the Broker world, and the Career Agent world together and mesh them as one group; have them working under one roof to become the best resource in the area to those planning their retirement.
The first office of Cornerstone Wealth and Tax Advisory was established in Charleston in 2007 and by the Summer of 2008, they were settled into their new corporate office with a well oiled team of Agents, Brokers, Tax Specialists, and Senior Advisors.
Cornerstone’s team now prides themselves on being one of the leading companies in the industry.
The management team have much in store for the future and is proud of the continued growth and success of the corporation.
We recognize that each of us must enhance and expand the Agency’s business to achieve our full professional potential. We believe that we do this best by committing to these values:
Conduct ourselves with integrity. Ensure that our practices reflect the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Provide exceptional service and strategic solutions to our clients. Dedicate ourselves to accomplishing our client’s goals and to continually improving the value and effectiveness of our work.
- Foster a team approach to client service through open communication.
- Provide the same high level of service to each other as we provide to our clients.
- Provide training, mentoring and growth opportunities to all members of our team. Contribute to and assume responsibility for the productivity of every team member.
- Maximize the opportunities of our Agency. Commit our expertise and energy to superior management, development, administration and the other business requirements of our Agency.
- Recognize daily that our people are our most valuable asset.
- Encourage responsibility, honest communication, courtesy and trust.
- Leverage our individual strengths, diversity and combined resources.
- Attract and retain Insurance professionals and other personnel who achieve the objectives of our clients, maintain our values and enhance the business and growth of our Agency.
- Develop opportunities for professional advancement and financial reward for all Insurance professionals and other personnel in our Agency.
- Protect and nurture our Agency, support of the family and personal needs of our professionals and other personnel.
- Serve our communities as good corporate citizens. Be active in community and industry-related service.